Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas at school!

I sat an listened in amazement tonight at the PTO meeting at my daughters school as they opened in prayer.

This was not a generic pre written prayer as is so often the case in many settings.

This a was personal prayer prayed from the heart of a man truly in tune with God . What a breath of fresh air. I could not help but think, all it would take is for one person to complain and that would be the end of that.

My excitement soon turned to disappointment.

I sat an listened to my daughter along with the other children perform their "Holiday Musical". They did an outstanding job lots of hard work went into this performance and it showed.

As I sat and listened I noticed something missing, there were no " Christmas Songs".

They where all what you would call "Holiday Songs" They where great I loved them, and the kids where awesome.

It just amazed me how far we have fallen in our public government controlled schools.

Not many years ago when I was Regan's age we sang "Christmas Songs" at school.

I guess it should not amaze me, after all we are living in a "politically correct" America.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Waiting For The Shout!
Rev John Spinks

No comments:

Post a Comment